2012-2016 | INSTRUCTIONAL ASSOCIATE
MIRACOSTA COLLEGE, OCEANSIDE, CA
OFFICE + CLERICAL WORK
- Place purchase orders, budget/monitor departmental expenses.
- Supervise and train new or continuing Lab Assistants.
- Assist with the hiring of temporary staff.
- Communicate with facilities for building maintenance.
- Communicate directly with department Dean and Chair.
- Regular communication with photography instructors (digital/film).
- Prepare and maintain staff records and files.
- Mentor and supervise a group of Student Teaching Assistants.
- Mentor and supervise a group of Student Interns.
- Design and coordinate Professional Development opportunities.
- Write weekly emails to staff, reminders, darkroom updates, etc.
- Attend school and department wide staff meetings.
- Promote enrollment by marketing (social media, video, fliers).
- Participate in Community Outreach Events (CLC).
- Assist in curriculum implementation with staff and students.
- Preparing equipment and maintain all darkroom materials.
- Assist students with multiple camera formats.
- Create and catalog handouts and darkroom data.
- Manage the issuing and checking in of analog equipment.
- Checking and discussing the progress of student work.
- Facilitate the completion of student projects.
- Demonstrate the proper use and care of equipment.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab setting.
- Lift and carry 50+ pounds, to catalog and store materials.
- Promote a functional and creative darkroom environment.
- Ensure safe and proper disposal of exhausted chemistry.
- Regularly maintain all digital work stations and computers.
- Perform computer screen checks and calibration (iOne Software).
- Maintenance of small and large format printers.
- Provide staff and students with demonstrations on equipment use.
- Provide training on a variety of scanning and digitizing equipment.
- Provide workshops and training on a variety of lighting equipment.
- Manage the issuing and checking in of digital equipment.
- Work directly with Information Technology (IT) Staff.
- Advanced working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Lightroom.
- Instruct students on a variety of digital outputs.
2007-2011 | INSTRUCTIONAL ASSOCIATE
SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN DIEGO, CA
- Connect with all photography instructors.
- Mix and maintain chemistry for black and white darkroom.
- Handle the check-in and check-out of all media equipment.
- Repair darkroom equipment, inquire about camera repairs.
- Work with faculty on department budget and material inventory.
- Critically analyze the work of students, provide technical advice.
- Organize and clean classroom to maximize teaching space.
- Maintained a course budget with minimal funding.
- Provide demonstrations on scanning and digitizing negatives.
- Provide tours of Digital Lab to prospective students.
- Help grow and develop a new and innovative digital program.
- Research and help purchase new digital media equipment.